Institutional Fiduciary Services
How will you balance risk against your growth goals as a fiduciary?
Sullivan Bruyette Speros & Blayney (SBSB) helps institutional and retirement plan sponsors make sound financial and investment decisions and implement prudent processes to reduce their risks as fiduciaries.
Who is a Fiduciary?
Retirement Plan Services
There are a number of retirement plan options that Sullivan Bruyette Speros & Blayney (SBSB) can help advise you with, such as:
- Defined Benefit
- Cash Balance
- SBSB has over 25 years of experience working with retirement plan sponsors and institutions.
- Our process driven philosophy not only helps make smart financial decisions, but may also limit your fiduciary liability.
- We understand the unique needs of business owners and help educate and navigate requirements under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA).
- We can advise employees on an array of retirement and non-retirement issues.
- We remain objective by working with vendors in fee-only, non-commission arrangements. Our objectivity helps insulate plan sponsors from any actual or apparent conflicts of interest.
- We conduct independent vendor searches and reviews.
- We recommend and implement plan designs that are best suited to accomplish your desired goals.
- We help your organization form an investment committee, prepare written investment policies and charter language, and document processes for making investment and operational decisions.
- For employer-directed retirement plans, we manage a portfolio of investments in accordance with the objectives of participants/beneficiaries, funding considerations, and current and future liabilities.
- For employee-directed retirement plans, we help select appropriate asset classes and a menu of professional money managers for the group participants to choose from.
- We review the actions of money managers on an ongoing basis for adherence to your investment policy statement, and facilitate investment changes when warranted.
- We provide quarterly and semi-annual performance reports and commentary, facilitate semi-annual committee meetings, and communicate strategies and results to plan sponsors and beneficiaries.
- We help educate employee-directed retirement plan beneficiaries
Institutional Asset Management
SBSB provides discretionary and advisory services to for- and not-for-profit organizations:
- Corporate Reserve Assets
- Our Investment Policy Committee members average over 20 years of experience both professionally and personally volunteering on investment committees and boards. As a result, we know the unique challenges that large and small institutions face in achieving their investment objectives.
- We have extensive experience designing customized portfolios that are appropriate for your institution’s goals and objectives, emerging liabilities, cash flow and liquidity needs, and risk profile.
- We remain objective by working with vendors in fee-only, non-commission arrangements. Our objectivity helps insulate fiduciaries from any actual or apparent conflicts of interest.
- As fiduciaries who are bound to act in your best interest, we provide seamless integration of investment and fiduciary services, allowing the board or investment committee to focus on the institution’s mission.
- We pride ourselves on educating board and investment committee members by providing transparent and easy-to-understand reports and presentations about both their portfolios and markets in general. We provide this content during regular meetings, conference calls, emails, letters, webinars, and other forums.
- We conduct a thorough enterprise review, which helps you understand the risks you may be taking, and adjust your investment policy and committee processes accordingly.
- We set up the proper processes and documentation to help ensure successful and efficient turnover that so often occurs within investment committees and boards.
- Our institutionalized trading system allows us to cost-effectively implement and monitor your investment strategies.
- We use third-party custodians to ensure independent, verifiable reporting of your assets.
- We conduct in-depth due diligence processes to evaluate current and prospective investment managers in order to find – and get you access to – the best investment managers for your portfolio.
- We have experience aligning institutions’ missions and values with their investment portfolio: this includes socially responsible, impact, sustainability, and Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) investment strategies.
- Our investment philosophy is anchored in the belief that robust, evidence-based research should guide portfolio decisions and that adding value throughout every step of the investment process is the best way to achieve success.
Share this Page